Beware, this game is not for the feint of heart. From firing employees to bribing politicians and adding experimental hormones to cows, Burger Tycoon by Molleindustria has it all, this Sim City-esque game is has all the food groups .


         I'd like to start by saying, that normally I try and play each game for a limited time of 30 minutes, however with this one I just couldn't stop, it really was that addictive.

         Burger Tycoon is similar to a lot of tycoon style games, (ones where users build an empire of some kind), but one way it differs is the level of difficulty. It's hard ... It's really really hard. So difficult, I needed 2 or 3 attempts before I even learned how to survive in the cut-throat fast food environment.

         Users are put in control of a corporate ladder, and responsible for managing all aspects of the food industry...

The tutorial is very helpful, and 30 pages long.

We are going to start off with the main menu, which has some unpleasant custom music that became bothersome after 15 seconds, but easy to turn off via the huge Sound Off button. The tutorial page is a great addition with tips and tricks added to acclimatize the user to game play. However, the second you hit that New Game button, everything leaps into action.

         I would highly recommend pausing the game here and taking look at each of the different sections of game play.

          Now I am not going to give a lot of hints on this game, just one little piece of advice. Don't get ahead of yourself. It is very easy to just put down a lot of crops, jack up your marketing budget and try and clean house in the first year. Well you can't. Start like any good empire; small lean and efficient at what you do. Get used to balancing all the game mechanics, and learn to navigate through everything very quickly and you might stay alive.

          Learn to manage hiring and firing employees in rotation, rotate livestock on your field, manage your marketing team so you only push sales when you have the inventory, and don't keep everyone bribed all the time.

         Now, when it comes to length of game time, it is indefinite. However, once you have a winning system and understand the flow of everything, the game more or less ends for you. This I could see taking a person either an hour or two, or they will never be able to handle it.

         Either way, for a flash game it isn't bad. Overall I'd say I am pleased with how it turned out, and I would deffinitly chose it over some other tycoon games I've played. The ability to not save and load games does tick me off just a little bit tho...

         Anyway, you can again find the game here, I found the music so bothersome I didn't want to bombarded my readers with it.

Rating:

Longevity: 3.5/5
Interface: 3.5/5
Addictiveness: 4.5/5
Sound: 2.0/5
Simplicity: 2.0/5

Overall: 3.1/5
Share