If I always have this much luck, I might have to make my time block 60 minutes instead of 30!

Mushroom Farm Revolution by Fortunacus Lucas was amazing, I loved everything about it, well ok not quite everything… but more about that shortly.

This cute little take on the classic tower defense game is a great one, incorporating a good menu system, multiple levels, and a unique approach to the old upgrading system really does the genre justice.

For those not familiar with the type of games that are tower defense, users place “towers” around a map that enemy “waves” travel on. The waves go from a start point to an end point, and the user has a certain number of lives which are lost when an enemy reaches the end.

Cash is accrued when towers destroy monsters, and addicting linear game play ensues.

When the game first loads the average gamer is greeted with pleasant music and a clean interface, my only hang up here really as the fact that while navigating the menu is surprisingly easy, I can’t disable the sound, or affect any in game changes… until I am actually playing the game.

But let me tell you what a game it is. It has different Maps, uses client side data to allow you to continue, and there is virtually zero load time. There are upgrades that affect each map you play on that you build over time based on the performance in each level.

Upgrading is done in the usual tower defense methodology, where the tower gets more range and more damage, however as opposed to having different types of towers, users have to build combination's of Gems to get power-ups.

While you would think this system would be completely ingenious it falls into a sad category known as a work horse.

I beat the entire first stage without using a single gem.

It isn’t that I feel they were useless; simply game-play early on is too easy.

However that doesn’t change the fact that because game-play seems quite good for a flash game, I would recommend it to anyone looking to kill time, either 30 minutes or 3 hours.

Rating:

Longevity: 4.5/5
Interface: 4.5/5
Addictiveness: 3.5/5
Sound: 3.0/5
Simplicity: 3.0/5

Overall: 3.7/5Share